Slurping pens? Sucking pens?

I always feel a little self conscious about sketching the instruments I draw with — seems somehow incestuous (I avoided the alternative description . . . as there may be little ones reading) BUT everybody else does it and I will too!

But a question: why are they called fountain pens: surely the last thing you want is a deluge of ink shooting out from your nib?! (That was close— there but for a vowel movement, there could have been an unacceptable innuendo . . .)

Anyway shouldn’t they be called ‘suction pens’? Or  ‘slurping pens’ ? Nibbed pens? . . . . .  ah well, maybe not.

These are fountain pens . . .


4 Replies to “Slurping pens? Sucking pens?”

    1. I love the fact it’s called an Ambition – -am eagerly awaiting its companion ‘Determination’

      Is the Habanna available in cartridges – – yes I’m a Heathen, I know . . . .

Any thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s